Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Change change change...

For months I have been collecting small glass jars, and then I realized that instead of letting them pile up in my pantry I could actually put them to use. So I have started buying bulk spices and storing them in my little jars. My pantry looks so nice with all of these jars lined up. It is cheaper, since I'm not paying for any packaging, and I can buy organic spices. Maybe it's just me, but these spices seem to be a lot fresher as well. Another great thing is that the jars are glass. The safety of storing food in plastic is questionable, so I am phasing out the plastics in my house.
That is my big change for the week. Not too exciting, but so simple.

1 comment:

sarah said...

Oh Jennifer, you are a true inspiration for us all! After I read your blog I made a decision to be more careful and conscious of how my actions may impact the environment. As well, sometimes it's nice to be reminded how simple happiness can be achieved through such small actions. So a big thank you goes out to you today Jenn, just simply for being you :)