Friday, February 8, 2008

oops

I started out the week with a great resolve to finally kick my coffee habit. I was so on board and excited by a fresh start, and a chance to give my body a break from all of the caffeine I've been ingesting over the years. Well, by wednesday I was miserable. MISERABLE I tell you. My world was not a happy place. I wanted to move out of the city. The traffic was hell, people were rude and my family was driving me crazy! 
But still I kept on. Not a drop of coffee passed over my lips.
Thursday was no better. Then some old friends dropped by for a visit. Eagerly I asked them "do you want a coffee?" One was a non-coffee drinker, the other a caffeine junkie. I got out my espresso machine, ground up some fair-trade-organic-shade-grown beans and brewed us a cup. Oh the joy I felt as I sipped my first coffee in days. Suddenly, my world was a brighter place. Old friends, new babies, and coffee, shared in my sunny kitchen on a fine day in February.
On a side note, I spent monday, tuesday, and wednesday eating chocolate chip cookies. I swapped one vice for another. But I am happy to announce that my chocolate chip cookie recipe is now perfect. I will post it another day. Right now I'm off to the basement to mix up some cleaning products.

No comments: