Friday, April 18, 2008

phew!

Is is already friday?
This week has flown by at a frantic pace. I didn't even post my change of the week so here it is. No more music on cd's. I have been buying all of my music from itunes. I thought this change would be easy, but I miss the cd insert. I'm one of those people who likes to sing along to the song, and I love reading the insert. I even read the "thank you" section at the back. I like to know who they are thanking. I was once mentioned in the back of a cassette that a friends band in high school released. Well, not me personally, but they said thanks to the "girls from the North." It was the highlight of my grade 12 year. 
I have been spending some of my days at the "Growing up Green" eco-fair at North Hill Mall this week. It runs until sunday. I have enjoyed my days at the mall immensely. I met some very cool people who are committed to saving the world. 
My first day was spent with Tim from Swizzlesticks Salon. I didn't realize that the swiz was so earth-friendly. I am definitely purchasing a REAP passport to take advantage of a free haircut and make-up consultation.
I spent 2 hours laughing until my face hurt with Dr. Tania Rampersand from Effective health solutions. If you are looking for a naturopath/homeopath give her a call. She is funny, passionate, and truly cares about people.
Jennifer from Verde tea is a lovely girl and her tea is all fair trade organic, unlike the other tea shops in town. I just had myself a cup of white tea with rose petals and vanilla. Yum.
Lauren from Conscious Home is so committed to saving the world that she will come over to your house and help you green it up, as a bonus you get a whole bunch of great stuff, including some of the best cleaning products around. Have you heard of small planet?
At the end of the week, I am tired but so excited that so many people are out there, making a difference. I am inspired and grateful for all the people that I talked to. Good things are happening in the world. I can feel it.

No comments: