Wednesday, March 19, 2008

100% pre used trees!

It appears that the office supply giant staples now carries 100% recycled paper. When I found it last night I couldn't help but grin, and then still with a huge smile face, I asked the stock boy if they had 100% recycled notebooks. He said that yes, they did, and I thought I had hit the jackpot. Who knew that notebooks could make me so happy? He directed me to the aisle, but they did not have them. They had notebooks with recycled covers, but I don't care if the cover is recycled, I want the pages too! I purchased my paper, and a map of the world, and left without even requesting the notebooks, I was that bummed out.
In case you haven't already noticed, it's hip to be green. This is a far cry form the early 90's, when environmentalism was hip, but in a hippie dippie sort of way. Corporations weren't jumping on the green bandwagon, and organic cotton more resembled old burlap. You certainly couldn't find organic produce at your local Safe place to buy food, and shopping green meant shopping second hand. It's funny how the green movement is spawning a whole new reason to shop. Buy more Stuff, Save the Planet!

No comments: