Friday, May 16, 2008

stop bill C-51

It will be a scary world if bill C-51 is passed. I should have wrote about this sooner, but here is the low down in case you haven't been following it. Basically, Health Canada wants to outlaw natural health products by making it illegal to sell products that aren't licensed. Currently that is about 70% of the natural products out there. Interestingly enough, you will be able to get any number of pharmaceutical drugs because they are licensed. And why wouldn't they be? Big Pharm has lots of money and are obviously scratching the backs of government officials.
I was once told by a doctor that the only way that my body would function normally would be for me to take $300 of prescription drugs each month, drugs that were not covered by my health plan and could quite possibly cause other organs to fail. There was no discussion about alternative therapies, but there was the implication that if the drugs didn't work for me they could always cut out a part of my colon. 
I basically ran out of the hospital and never went back. When they called me I told them to stuff it, I didn't want their treatments. I was not sick, just a little off track. And so my quest for health began. I encountered some quacky natural health doctors, but I finally found Dr. D. who looked me straight in the eye and without hesitation told me I was healthy, just a little off track, and I would be better within days. I started taking homeopathic remedies and other natural health products and I was feeling better within 2 days.
2 years later, I am healthier than I have ever been. I take supplements when I need to, and I eat healthy. I am grateful that my search for health led me to Dr. D. I feel sad for people who actually believe doctors when they are told that the only options for crohns or colitis are pharmaceuticals. 
Pharmaceutical companies are more powerful than we know, and it's time to stand up for our health. Even if you don't take natural supplements, someone you love certainly does. Click here to find out more.

No comments: